From:
Janet Vandenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 1998 09:44:43 -0400
Cyndi wrote:

> I suggest we ignore this book and its supporters, and let breastfeeding
> stand on it's own merits-- focus our energies in more positive directions
> and let this one flounder.

I agree with Cyndi.  I think there is little point in trying to
argue with this author or her supporters. IMHO they seem to have a
completely different mind set and underlying beliefs/truths.  As in
raising children, it is better to focus one's energy on the
fostering the positive than on fighting the negative. But it is also
true, as with raising children, that sometimes things really push
your buttons.  Thanks for the reminder about why we shouldn't always
fight.

I am saddened to see that Peggy Robin has a new book out called
"When breastfeeding is not an option: A reassuring guide for loving
parents."

I refuse to buy the book but in my brief look through it it seems to
be more of the same.  In fact it may just a new edition of the same
book with a new title.

IMO I would hope that loving parents wouldn't be lead a stray but
such stuff but I am sure it happens all the time.
--
Janet Vandenberg, RN, BScN,
Ontario, Canada