From:
Doraine Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Jul 1998 13:03:11 PDT
Dear Friends:

This is a quick note to update you and other interested people on the
status of World Breastfeeding Week 1998 and WBW activities at the 1998
ILCA Conference.   I truly appreciate your energy and interest in
promoting breastfeeding.

ILCA's 1998 World Breastfeeding Week Action Kit is currently available
from the ILCA Office.  It has many camera-ready pamphlets and posters as
well as background information.  It is $10.00 and can be ordered from
the Office at 4101 Lake Boone Tr, Suite 201, Raleigh, NC 27607.  It will
also be available for sale at the Conference.

There will be a World Breastfeeding Week ad hoc meeting at the 1998 ILCA
Conference.  It will be Saturday afternoon from 3:30-5:30 pm in the
Vidal Room.  This will be an opportunity to discuss efforts for this
year, ideas for next year, vision for how ILCA can continue to support
World Breastfeeding Week, and concerns/criticism.  If you will be at the
conference, I look forward to seeing you there.  Please also feel free
to share with the group activities or materials you have developed for
World Breastfeeding Week.

Looking ahead, World Breastfeeding Week 1999 will focus on Education.
However, an exact theme statement has not yet been decided on.  I hope
we will be able to discuss this at the Saturday meeting. I will also
mail it to you later.  You may also have  noticed that the ILCA
conference in 1999 (in Scottsdale, AZ) will fall within World
Breastfeeding Week.  I hope we can discuss the possible activities ILCA
could do at the 1999 Conference to highlight this.

Thanks again for your interest and energy towards World Breastfeeding
Week.  Please feel free to contact me with any comments or questions.
Write in care of the ILCA office; phone me at 606/288-2348 (EDT) or
email at <[log in to unmask]>.

Sincerely,

Doraine Bailey
ILCA WBW Coordinator