Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2006 10:21:25 EDT
Just a couple of comments on the US national Ban the Bags  (BTB) initiative.
Anne Merewood and I serve as co-chairs of this campaign  and as such invite
all of you and your colleagues to access the BTB website at
_www.banthebags.org_ (http://www.banthebags.org) . Pat has also  provided a link for finding BTB
products at _www.cafepress.com/banthebags_
(http://www.cafepress.com/banthebags) . One  item of interest to those of you on Lactnet working on eliminating
commercial discharge bags, is the toolkit that can be freely downloaded from
our  website. We would be very interested to hear from all of you on what
materials  would be helpful for people to use to remove this commercial barrier to
breastfeeding. We are also happy to discuss the issue with people working on
this problem as well as the press or other media.

We are in great need of a little help in identifying the hospitals around
the US that are currently bag free. We have a listing on _www.banthebags.org_
(http://www.banthebags.org)  of the hospitals that we  know are bag free. If
your hospital is bag free please help us by going to the  website and filling in
the short form that will report the bag free status of  your hospital so we
can get this posted in our listing. My other interest is if  your hospital is
currently bag free, have you noticed an increased effort by the  formula
salespeople to get the bags reinstated?

As always, feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help  rid
us of this exploitation of all mothers, health care providers, and hospitals
by the formula industry.

Marsha Walker, RN, IBCLC
Weston, MA