From:
Donna Cordoba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 08:05:54 -0400
Yes,  I have seen everything now.  I was at a store here in Austin called
"Little Things".  I was checking out some of there products because many of
my pregnant patients ask me about products that they see and buy there.  My
LC friend was with me and we found the Sore Nipple Solution by Medela.  This
"Solution" for sore nipples contained a Nipple Shield,  Nipple Shells and
Lanolin!!!!!  So I don't know why all of you Lactation Consultants are
working so hard to help these poor women with their sore nipples, when Medela
can sell them the solution for $12.99 in one little box.  They also sold
nipple shields by themselves.  Does this bother anyone else?  It sure
bothered my friend and I.  Has anyone else found things like this in retail
stores in the area?  Whats going on with Medela...are they working with
Lactation Consultants and patients or undermining them.  We also found the
Pump In Style in another store called Beyond Conception.  We were offered a
10% discount.  We thought Medela had a strict pricing policy and this product
was not to be discounted.  Anyone caught discounting this product would not
be able to order it any longer.  This information came to us by a Medela rep.

Also in our hospital Medela has provided an attachment for converting the new
kits to Egnell SMB's.  However, if an Egnell product is used on a Medela
pump....they protest and void any warranty for that equipment.   Is there
anyone else who works in a hospital that has been provided with these
attacments by their rep and if so who installed them for you..the medela rep.
or biomedical dept?  I am just curious what is going on with these political
issues.

TIA

Donna