From:
The Bentleys <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:10:46 -0500
Grapeseed extract is not to increase fatty acids, but is a very powerful
antioxidant (more than vitamin E or C) and antiinflammatory.  Medline has
300 articles in the last 5 years on grapeseed's benefits for many health
conditions - in combination with other herbs, my daughter is off all of her
asthma meds!  For me, my wrinkles are decreasing and after 20 years of acne
grapeseed  has cleared it up - it's certainly not my horrible nutrition
these days  :(

"This substance consists of a family of chemicals known scientifically as
oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes (OPCs) or procyanidolic oligomers
(PCOs). ...Like the anthocyanosides found in bilberry (to which they are
closely related), OPCs appear to stabilize the walls of blood vessels,
reduce inflammation, and generally support tissues containing collagen and
elastin.1-4 OPCs are also strong antioxidants. Vitamin E defends against
fat-soluble oxidants and vitamin C neutralizes water-soluble ones, but OPCs
are active against both types.5,6,7
Evidence suggests that OPCs can reduce the discomfort and swelling of
varicose veins and decrease the edema (swelling) that often follows injury
or surgery. On the basis of much weaker evidence, OPCs are also popular for
preventing heart disease, revitalizing aging skin, and reducing the tendency
toward easy bruising. " www.tnp.com for more

For a reliable, guaranteed retailer contact me privately.

Michelle Bentley, CLE, LLL