From:
Kim Ann Lorber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:35:29 EDT
I am posting this for my co-Leader who is not on Lactnet, I will then
forward the replies to her. She has been working with a mom on this as well  as
our local LCs without resolving the problem. Thank you.

<<<<I have been helping a mom who is experiencing what appears  to be an
extremely persistent bleb.  Baby is 9m, mom works ft, does  pump.  Mom has
always struggled with pumping enough for baby, worked on  getting more milk
with pumping was successful, did get a plugged duct.   Believe the plugged duct
led to the bleb.  Mom has seen the white at tip of  nipple, and it is
extremely painful.  She has tried olive oil, frequent bf,  bf over baby, opening
and attempting to open bleb (by midwife and self),  warm water, using
vibration from electric toothbrush.  She has seen her  midwife, has talked to 4
different LC's and this has been going on for 8  weeks.  In last 2 days she
has felt the pain shooting up the duct.  I  suppose it could be thrush ( and
she has tried thrush remedies---gentian violet)  with the shooting pain.  But
I don't think this is an underlying thrush  problem, there are no other s/s
of thrush in her or baby. She doesn't always see  the white bleb, usually
only visible after nursing or after a warm shower.   I wonder if the bleb has
moved and that is the pain she is feeling.  I have  suggested grapefruit
seed extract (reference on Kellymom) and was wondering if  lecithin could help
as well.  Any more ideas? >>>

Kim Ann
LLL Leader