From:
Susan Horein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 08:39:15 -0600
I appreciate the great ideas and comments shared by Judy C about Florida's
opportunitites.  However, I get anxious about using the word "required"
when talking about things that are the responsibility of the mother, e.g.
"requirements for discussion groups, childbirth preparation at all prenatal
clinics, required interviews with lactation consultants prenatally."

In general (very broadly), I believe that good services and information
should be readily available, but to "require" a mother to do such or attend
such sounds a bit like "saving us from ourselves".

food for thought,

 Susan Horein, [log in to unmask]