From:
Renee Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 22:28:41 EST
Wow, thanks for the heads up Robyn.  I didn't realize  using that in my
signature would be a problem.  So far noone has said  anything....does anyone have
a problem with me identifying myself as an  IBCLC-student?  If so, please let
me know and I will refrain from the  usage.  I am just so proud to be amongst
my "heroes, and my mentors" that  using it just seemed "right".  I could be
wrong.

Thank you for the encouraging words about LLL  leadership.  I was truly
devastated when 5 yrs ago, I was denied, because I  worked outside the home (out of
necessity).  Without a lot of detail, I am  very happy to be given a second
opportunity with this baby.  My LLL has  jumped through tons of hoops trying to
get me accepted, to the point of crying  when told that I was still denied.
She knows how dedicated I am, and what  a service I would offer to my
community.  Right now, there is no LLL in my  county.  It is a small and poor county
and WIC is all for my getting my  LLL.  They are even wanting to write letters
in my support.  I am  hopeful it will go through.  I do admit I felt
blackballed, but hearing  your story really helped to realize, it isn't just "Me".

Until then, I continue to learn EVERY DAY from this wonderful  group.  Thanks
everyone for your help and your support even when I have a  "dumb" question.

Renee Drake RN, CLC, LLL leader applicant
 (http://www.tickercentral.com/)