From:
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:42:02 +0100
Tali hopes this post is ok with the managers of the Lactnet community.

Since it reads like an advertisment, in fact this post is NOT ok with
the listmothers and if it had been sent to us in advance we would not
have approved it. Since Lactnet is an unmoderated list, we rely on the
subscribers to respect our guidelines, and most of them do so.
Advertising is still not permitted on Lactnet.
It doesn't help that this seems to be a needless product whose role is
not supported by any of the evidence regarding good care of
breastfeeding mothers and their babies, but even if it did, it would
probably be considered unacceptable simply because it is too close to
advertising.

I'll take the opportunity to reiterate that the listmothers are happy
to help subscribers determine whether a post they are considering
sending is within the guidelines. Normally it doesn't take more than a
day or two for us to reach a conclusion, despite us all doing this as
unpaid volunteers, in addition to our day jobs, from the various
corners of the earth where we reside.  You can reach us at

Sincerely irked,
Rachel Myr
for the listmothers