Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:23:14 EDT
Hi Lactnetters,
I have a mom who called me with an unusual question so  I hope someone out
their may have an answer or perhaps know someone who will. She has a 7 month old
who she is fully breastfeeding and plans to continue. She has taken up the
hobby of lampworking. As she explained it to me....she make the beads that
people use to make jewelry. This involves melting glass and they use propane tanks
and the gas they use is called mapp gas.....she said it is a modified propane
gas. She said there are 12 tanks going at a time and she felt a little funny
after her last class so she pumped and dumped for 2 feedings, unsure about what
to do. She takes this class once a week. She thinks that carbon monoxide may
be given off but she wasn't sure. As I know very little about gases and such,
I told her I would post this question. Maybe there are some chemists out
Gail Macklin RN BSN IBCLC
The Breastfeeding Center
In the stormy Chicagoland area