Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 15:28:26 EST
I don't find there is such a black and white distinction in my life between
the good books and the bad ones.

Dr. Sears is great on AP stuff, but he's also preachy and we all know the
whole formula-web-site stuff.

What to Expect has persuaded many type-A moms that they need to bf their
infants, but then it also leans on them to wean at a year.

Dr. Ferber treats crying infants as normal, but he also provides some helpful
explanations of other sleep phenomena that can help parents understand what
really is and is not going on with their kids.

Stuff in this life is mixed -- nearly all stuff, in fact.    Everything needs
annotation.   But the stuff that needs unilateral condemnation into the
uttermost wastes is rare.   Not nonexistent -- I'm not sure there much in
Babywise that anyone needs, I guess -- but rare.

Not a whole shelf full, I'd say.    But heck yes, annotate it all.

Elisheva Urbas
professionally accustomed to finding the problems with writing I admire, and
vice versa.