From:
barbara glare & chris bright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:00:52 +1100
Hi,

I recently wrote to you about a television advertisment made by Australian
Breastfeeding Association  which was given a PG (Suitable for viewing only
with parental guidance)  This restricted the times when the advertisment
could go to air.  It showed a mum interacting with her baby, and then a few
seconds of the baby at the breast, and a catchy slogan "Get ahead in life,
suck up to the boss" yes, a take on INFACT Canada's slogan - thanks, INFACT.
You can view it at www.breastfeeding.asn.au
Two days ago Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) put out a press
release objecting to this rating.   Since then the phones have been running
hot with media enquiries, and it's all good news.  Overwhelmingly the media
and public opinion has come out in support of a baby's right to breastfeed.

This afternoon we got word that, due to overwhelming public opinion,  the ad
had been given a 'g' (general exhibition rating)  A big thanks to all those
who supported us.

Warm regards
Barb Glare
ABA counsellor