From:
CawoodRGN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 14:31:46 EDT
 I have been listening to the discussion on freebies, gift packs, leaflets and
what ever. We decided sometime ago in my health authority to stop giving any
books, leaflets etc. that had any promotional aspect about them. When I book
women and they enquire about previous gifts I just explain why we no longer
give them. I have not  had one complaint or letter about this. I have found
that women are interested in why we stopped our gifts and some ask for more
information.

We all like to receive something for nothing but when it is at cost to a baby
and its health it is easy to give them up. I also hate the thought that the
formula company's are claiming a tax benefit for producing and giving away
freebies to all of us.