Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 08:34:19 -0600
You know the sad thing about this column is that this man hasn't addressed
the fact that this child is coming from a single parent atmosphere and
therefore may be more clingy than a child of a two parent home.  I can
remember sneaking into my mom's bed until I was a teenager.  Not every
night, but when I needed her for comfort.  By locking the door on this child
the mom is telling the child that she won't be there for her if she needs
her in the night.  That is just sad.  Now in our own house hold, we Ferbered
our oldest (before we knew any better), he is now 4 and we make sure that
every night we tell him we are there if he needs us and he can come and get
us.  Our 2 year old still spends most of his nights on our floor in his
sleeping bag, but he at least starts the night out in his own bed, and not
against his will, he just likes his bed.  A king size bed is on our list of
wants. :O)  The baby is usually snuggled right in between my husband and I,
and she is happy as a clam.

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and