From:
John Vanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 11:44:34 -0700
My supervisor called today asking me to post this on Lactnet and
get some of your opinions.
        A 37 year old gravida 1 mom came in today with her 5 week old
baby. At 2 and 1/2 weeks, she started with extremely painful nipples, OB
had her start topical lotrimin, at 3 weeks shooting pain started, OB
gave her 5 doses of diflucan, she got ,mastitis, treated with AB, given
2 more doses diflucan. Absolutely no redness, cracking, blisters
indicating trauma. Mom already started her period despite full time
nursing. Has decreased pain with pumping. when nipples touched during
exam, mom close to passing out due to pain. Baby has tight frenulum,
(we're afraid to go there after lasted incident with irrate pedi.). Are
there any other areas we should explore? I'm grateful for you all! Dawn