Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 21:37:53 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
At the risk of repeating a subject, I would like to know if there is a general consensus re pumps used in hospitals for moms with babies in intensive care.  I believe that the M______ Classic is preferred when initiating a milk supply without a baby.  If this is the case, are the M______Lactinas and A_____elites suitable for these moms for home use?  In practice, I see, for the most part, abundant milk supplies.  However, another LC told me that the M____ purchase pump is not adequate.  I am trying not to get into brand bashing or endorsing, and would just like to know, in the way of benchmarking, what other hospital LC's with NICU's are doing.  We may be revamping our pump inventory, and a proposal has been made to rent the pump to the mom right at bedside from the first pumping.  This is where my concern lies, primarily, and I need to know whether we would be doing less than the appropriate standard of care with the rentals.  Feedback can be by private mail if this is not considered Lactnet material.

Thanks, Patricia Ellis, RN, MA, IBCLC

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2