From:
Kirsten Blacker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:57:04 +0000
Until recently I believe Metformin has been considered unsuitable for
nursing mothers, but Tom Hale did some studies in the last year on transfer
of Metformin into breastmilk (I was one of his samples). From the info he
sent me and what I heard him saying at a later talk, it seems the transfer
is very low, the number of 0.4% rings a bell, but it would be worth
contacting him to see if he has enough data to publish yet

Kirsten Blacker
Minnesota USA
formerly Perth, W.Australia