From:
Peggy Ventura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:35:24 -0700
Katherine and Susan

Thank you for your responses to my questions. You make very good points.I think however that you would have to go pretty far back in time to find moms giving infants very much meat. The meat in the supermarket is definitely different than the self butchered fresh, back lot meat or game of yesteryears.
I will continue to seek information. We are after all...what we eat.

Peggy Ventura

cillakat <[log in to unmask]> wrote: 2nd the  evolutionary perspective on how human infants got iron.....

pregnant moms would be eating a very different diet than they do now.
Very Different.  Babies first foods would not be grains but likely
soft bits of organ meets like liver which are high in A, zinc and
iron.

Katherine