From:
Morgan Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2007 22:05:17 +0100
I've heard this stated several times about Domperidone, that it does not
work until after birth.

However, whilst this may true in the vast majority of cases, it is not
true overall.  Domperidone does cause lactation, without the need for
birth, in a small number of people.  It's called a 'side effect'.

In fact, when I reported to my GP that I was lactating, as a result of
taking domperidone for the original use, her response was "Better you
than a 70 year old man."  I have no idea if this was a reference to the
fact that it could make men lactate, or a general comment about it not
being that distressing that a healthy, non pregnant, not having given
birth female in her late 20s, was suddenly lactating due to
domperidone!  I'd imagine anyone just needs to check the database on its
original use.

Likewise, had I not started lactating, I'd no doubt still be on it.  :-)

best

Morgan Gallagher