From:
Heidi Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Aug 2013 12:11:45 -0500
Hello all,

PTP...I received a call from a young mother of two who recently split from
FOB. She is breastfeeding the 12 wk. old, and the father is feeding the
baby formula against her wishes when he is with baby. He is trying to use
her breastfeeding as a point of contention in the custody battle despite
baby growing appropriately. He is accusing her of negligence. Mother
provides adequate breastmilk during his short visitations. Baby has been
seen by family practice doctor who has written statement to court to say
baby is healthy and recommends continued breastfeeding. She will see me
this week as another documentation. She has a new lawyer, and I don't know
how much of a breastfeeding advocate the lawyer will be...
Our conversation was very brief, so please forgive the lack of
information.  I am only hearing her side and don't know all the details.
Really, the main question is what have you all experienced in situations
like this. I feel for this mom--she works part time and her employer has
been more than accomodating to her pumping, yet her ex is allegedly trying
to undermine her efforts. Very unfortunate... Thank you all in advance...

Heidi Anderson RN
Wisconsin