From:
LuvMySarah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 20:56:58 EST
OK.....I have read and read and now Im gonna talk!!   I am a part time working
mom who has to pump while at work...I only have a small amount of time and I
go down to NICU and use their pumps. I tried to and express last night (after
reading all those posts, I thought I should try..) My husband was laughing so
hard he cried!!! Needless to say, I was not successful...Im glad I have access
to the NICU pumps AND my
L____E Pump by E____L. This is just what works for me.
Now...about pillows..I almost always use a football hold to nurse..because of
the way I am built, Cradle hold is very difficult for me...I can do Cross
cradle, but baby likes the football hold the best..I use pillows every time I
nurse. I don't have a choice. I have one of those wrap around ones that I use
when we travel..Once again, its just what works for me.
I agree with what was said about the babe that is held closely etc...is well
nurtured whether that babe is being fed from a :::gasp::: bottle or from the
breast...I was unsuccessful nursing my first baby and being a healthcare
professional was pretty overwhelmed with guilt...I held her for every feeding,
even when we started solids. She didn't get a high chair until she was 14onths
old!!!!!!! I remember at one of her well baby visits they asked me if she was
holding her own bottle yet, I said, I don't know, we always hold her for
feedings...!!!
Well, with alot of support and education we are still nursing at 7 1/2
months!!!
I only wish I had tried harder with my daughter!
Kathy Rehmert
Mommy to Sarah 3 1/2, and George 7 1/2 months
whacky L&D nurse in my spare time