From:
Victoria Fisher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 08:33:30 -0400
Just an off note on this theme. I have absolutely NO data for this
observation, but...We've had two moms in our LLL group go through
problems with their gallbladder, culminating in removal and in one
instance (since she had multiple digestive problems )  ayear of drug
therapy. Both babies were under 6mo at the time of surgery. Both babies
were constipated. The one whose mother had colitis and (I beleive)
illeitis (sp?) was constipated for months...MDs ran several tests on the
poor kid and found nothing wrong. But. she WAS miserable. Our conclusion
was that there might be some connection with the moms condition and the
babies situation. Mom reported great improvement in baby towards the end
of the first year when she went off meds.Of course, her condition had
improved. Notably, mom had also finally cut down (but not eliminated)
dairy from her diet.

So, food for thought. Brings me back to what has become my standard
question for moms, "Do you (or another close family member) have a
similar problem?"

Victoria