Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 1997 20:45:04 EST
Well, I have finally gotten hold of both of these companies. What I have
come to understand is that it is not in fact *all* of these stores, thank
goodness. It is apparently up to each individual store owner to act
according to the reactions of his customers when deciding weather to put
the magazine behind counters or in full public view. I know there is at
least one store in chicago (7-eleven) who has chosen to put the magazine
behind the counter. I am sure there are others. But at least it seems
like the *majority* of these stores have used common sense and chosen
*not* to.

If anyone runs into a store which *is* putting the magazine behind the
counter, it would be advisable (according to the people at corproate
level) to take it up with the individual store owners.

Thanks for looking into this, everyone. I am so relieved that this is not
*all* of the 7-elevens and Winn-Dixies like I was led to believe!!

Nicki Clark