From:
Timi Schonhorn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 07:58:57 -0500
I would love some ideas and advice from anyone with experience as an LC
who works in a Pediatric practice.  I am a Family Nurse Practitioner
who has been working in Pediatrics and became an IBCLC in 2002.  Now
that my youngest is 2 years old I feel like I have some extra energy to
devote to getting an LC service going at our practice.  The MD's are
open to it- I would appreciate any insight from those who have
experience with such a situation!  One point in particular is that I do
work part-time and am trying to figure out how to balance making myself
accessible to patients and not be at the office full time.  I always
field phone calls from home and was thinking a regularly scheduled
breastfeeding clinic might be able to address a chunk of the concerns,
while the urgent or newborn concerns would have to be scheduled
urgently.  Comments on reimbursement policies would also be appreciated.
Thank you for your thoughts and feel free to email me individually,
Timi Schonhorn, FNP, IBCLC