From:
GinnyIBCLC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:05:42 EST
Dear Friends:

I've been nomail for a while.  I hope you'll forgive me if this has been
discussed previously.

I had an OT tell me that she finds the babies in our NICU lap at the
orthodontic type nipples and wants to try using the Soothie types for them and
the term babies as well.  She says it will help them to coordinate their suck
better.  Does anyone have any experiences that I could pass on to her as she
makes this decision?

On the other subject, a client called me today to set up a time to meet to
make plans for breastfeeding her adopted baby.  The baby is due in March and
we were talking about the different types of pumps.  She says that she has
just seen an E___f__ double pump that claims to be as good as hospital pumps.
I've asked her to bring it tomorrow when we meet so that I can use a balloon
to demonstrate how the pump works.  Does anyone have any experience with this
pump or suggestions I can give this mother?

Thank you in advance.
Ginny Jones               [log in to unmask]