From:
Elizabeth Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:29:07 -0500
More to the point:  ask the recent students the basis for the statement that
foremilk and hindmilk "don't exist."  Then you'll know how they may have
come to that conclusion.

I am guessing this is a "translation" issue:  what was taught is not being
repeated accurately (or the student just didn't get it).
When mothers ask me about foremilk/hindmilk during a consult ("how long
before my baby gets to the good hindmilk?") I explain:  Yes, we can go to a
lab and measure differences in fat content dep. on when the milk is
expressed (late in the feed, or late in the day).  But for any given feed,
by this mom and this baby, her milk doesn't stand in a nice polite queue
waiting its turn to come out -- and she should just consider all the milk as
"good".

--
Liz Brooks JD IBCLC FILCA
Wyndmoor, PA, USA