From:
Barbara Latterner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2006 17:32:24 EST
Just an update re my request for suggestions on additional treatment for
blocked ducts.  I heard from mom last nite and she had the second ultrasound with
apparent good results.  Still some normal ropy feeling but much softer and to
palpate these she has to probe much deeper into her breast (previously were
more readily palpable).  I explained that these ducts have been stretched awhile
and could remain palpable and tender for a few more days.  The test of them
being unblocked will be a rise in her pumping yield over next several days.

She also tried breastfeeding and baby did so for over 1/2 hr so hoping she'll
continue with offering the breast, and have offered to help her with this if
she wants.  So thank you for those who replied and am keeping my fingers
crossed that the ducts remain open and lecithin and other measures help to keep
them that way.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC