Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 May 2009 11:20:58 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
First off, thank you to all who responded concerning the pumpinpal flanges/technique for my NICU mom - we got things figured out.  
I have another question for those hospital based in NICUs.  Do you allow moms to store milk in commercial milk storage bags while baby is hospitalized?  The few that I looked up didn't really give the information I was looking for - like are they polycarbonate/polypropylene.  All I could find was "virgin plastic", which in one place stated that this was the same.  We are a Level II, take down to 30 weeks, so don't see the micro-preemies at all.  I know that they can use it for home, but what about while babe is IN the hospital?  Some of our moms are mass producers, and we run out of our Snappies quickly!  We also do not have a large refrigerator/freezer to store that amount in, and if the bags were acceptable, that would help with storage space.  We have quite a fluctuating census, normally 2-3 at any time with the occassional burst in numbers.  Thanks in advance for the help!!! Brenda, IBCLC.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2