From:
Dawn Kersula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:30:24 -0400
We've had a good response with 4x a year baskets/bags (usually from the
dollar store!) that we themed and brought to doctors' offices. An example
would be: In May, a Mother's Day basket with info on meds for PPD when
breastfeeding, a flower for the office (we bought six packs and repotted
them and then put ribbons on them). handouts on how breastfeeding is good
for moms. At harvest time, chocolate candies with harvest themes, info on
respiratory OTC meds and their compatability with breastfeeding, info on
holiday weaning.
I'm sure neither of these is quite right but you get the idea. We did this a
couple of years ago and the docs and staff still mention it from time to
time.
I also will send out interesting info that I think they might not notice, or
new stuff I get that I think they would read (like notes on Near Term
Infants, a big topic these days). Some of them I know have special interests
and I send them notes with info.
It's very difficult for them to get out of office responsibilities unless
they know a couple of months in advance. This seems to work alright -- and
most of them have started going to more breastfeeding-friendly stuff, and
they always tell me when they come back!
Dawn Kersula
Brattleboro, VT