From:
Wendi Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 17:21:50 -0700
Diane,

Could it be pre-menopausal type symptoms?  It is my understanding that as
menopause approachs, periods can be more intense and more erratic.   What is
the average menopausal age in her family?  It may not be related to bfing at
all.  Just a thought.  :)

Wendi Jones
Breastfeeding Advocate

<Diane wrote>

<She's 43.  In an unscientific response, I told her my neighbor of about the
same age has been experiencing PMS lately, when she never had it before.
And in a more scientific vein I
told her menstrual issues tend to smooth out with bfing, and perhaps the PMS
is related to the gradual *decline* in bfing, more than to the bfing itself.
She hadn't thought of that and said her child has indeed been nursing less
lately.>