From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:05:47 +1000
> "Bring out the very breast for your baby."
> Well, maybe it is too visually suggestive for this country, confused as
> we are about the function of the breast and all...

I'm considering putting up a small poster of the kind from the infact site
"The only food group you baby needs" showing two breasts and thought this
country would not have a problem with it, but find I'm a bit scared of the
possible effects it will have.  But then again it's our business(a coffee
shop) and I have every right to do it.  I will place the picture (about
3"x4") on my coffee machine tomorrow and see what sort of response I get!
It will surely promote some discussion.  I'll let you know.

While showing a rosy picture of a 5
> month-old and her mother having an idyllic day
> However, earlier (read: "now forgotten"), they displayed the
> information  that breast is best, but now imply their product is best.
> So which is it - breast or their product? This is a rhetorical question,
> of course,

With the Code in Australia manufacturers are not allowed to show pictures
of rosy 5mth olds.  As to the rhetorical question, it surely isn't
rhetorical because we all know the answer!

Getting right into it now!
Gay Ryan
NMAA BF Counsellor.
Bathurst Australia