From:
jhroibal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 23:22:50 -0500
A month ago, my SIL called me up to ask what kind of formula I thought
her 7 month-old would prefer. Because she had been breastfeeding, I
said, "YOUR formula, breastmilk!"

Well, yesterday, she called me and said she was going to wean cold
turkey by going away for a long week-end!  To make a long story short,
she has lupus, is struggling with obesity and is fighting a horrible
case of thrush.  During the midst of this, her milk supply went way
down, because she said, "the baby doesn't like my milk." We talked
everyday for the past month, and I sent her articles, and did lots of
pep talks. She has three little boys under 6 who all suffer from severe
allergies.

She cold-turkey weaned the middle child when she went to Mexico and
called me up at 3 AM severely engorged!!! So , I guess I'm just looking
for a support group for lactnetters who's family members who just throw
breastfeeding away.  Can anyone help?

By the way, I am not baby-sitting that poor baby--I'd just give in and
nurse him. I told her to pack lots of cabbage.  GGGRRRRR!

Heidi in NM