From:
Karleen Gribble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 22:05:18 +1000
Rachael,
I'm also a fan of the Swedish research in this area and have a few of
Christensson's papers lying around. I wondered however, if anyone knows
anything more about fathers providing temperature regulation? The reason why
I ask this is that I recall Nil Bergmann saying that fathers tend to
overheat preterm infants, I haven't seen anything published but I am sure I
heard this (ABA intl conference in Brisbane 3 years ago?). I wonder is this
is an area of different between preterm and term babies or perhaps a case of
differences in method? or perhaps the clue is in the second last sentence of
the abstract and fathers do tend to overheat? Whichever way, I'd like to
know, do mothers do this better than fathers? How much of the skin to skin
stuff impacting the baby is limited to the biological mother?
Karleen Gribble
Australia