Date:
Sun, 29 Mar 1998 08:38:09 -0600
At 10:18 PM 3/29/98 +0000, Val wrote:
>Kathleen, the fissure is the result of previous damage to the nipple,
>which was a huge, bleeding crack.  Aproximately how long would you
>imagine it will take to heal, if the attatchment is good.  I will
>suggest treatment for thrush as well, just to be on the safe side.  I
>will also check the archives for information on moist wound healing.

I have a client with a similar "cavern" in a badly damaged nipple. I
concluded that some oral zinc might be helpful, as it aids skin healing.  I
haven't heard from her if it hastened the healing.  She stopped feeding on
that side over a month ago and it is still not fully healed. Strange! She
assured me that before the nipple damage her nipples weren't dimpled, but
smooth and round.
Pat Gima

mailto:[log in to unmask]