From:
Marilyn Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 1999 06:27:38 -0400
Hello,
I am currently no mail, so I would appreciate you mailing me privately, or
simply using gassy or fussy in the subject line so that I can find it in
the archives. I did do an archive search and learned a little but I do feel
the need to post this question/situation for help.
I am working with a mom and her 4 week old baby. Baby is +++ gassy, one can
hear the rumblings from another room. The mother herself is a nutritionist
and has eliminated dairy for quite a while now with no real change. The
best position is "the Australian hold" . She has been nursing only 7-8
times/day, but gaining weight very well.There are no obvious signs of
thrush.Stools are normal looking, occasionally have the consistency of
molasses (is this a problem), no odor.
Mom is very committed, but really finding the crying quite exhausing. I
would appreciate any suggestions for this mom.Thanks,Marilyn