From:
Sharon Lemon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2007 22:34:56 -0500
Two questions:
1)	What is the routine nipple care protocol for those of you in
hospital practice?
		 We are wanting to see if there is a universal pattern for skin
care and damage prevention aside from proper latch.  When damage is
present what is the suggested skin care 				protocol.  For example:
lanolin, soothie gel pads, expressed milk, tripple antibiotic ointment

2)    What are hospital LC's using for annual competencies.
		 I received in the past competencies for staff nurses....But, what
do you require for the LC?  For example: SCN and L/D staff need to
refresh on labor techniques, chest tube 				insertion and care.  We
all need updated CPR ....but for our RN Education Days the LC's would
like to focus on their own professional requirements for annual and/
or bi annual 			educational requirements.

Thank-you
Sharon Lemon, RN, IBCLC