From:
Laurie Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:33:12 -0600
I agree that for these changes to be more readily accepted, one needs to
offer them up gently and phase them in.
One might present it in a win/win scenario: "I would like to phase out for
profit company marketing materials so as to avoid conflict of interest",
AND "I would like to increase marketing of our own hospital and services".
Therefore, I propose we begin to search for or develop our own handouts
with our own logo.

One can also use the government materials and there are JCAHO (now TJC) -
Joint Commission in USA - brochures.

We have a nice booklet called Baby News. Everyone voted on it, we like it.
It has a baby care section, car seats, crib safety, safe sleep, shaken baby
syndrome, etc and a mommy care postpartum section, it has a bf section and
a nice check off box section on feeds and diaper counts. It has a place for
notes and questions. If you email me at work I can look at it and tell you
where it is from. It doesn't have our logo on it, but I bet there is a way
to do that for a cost. We were giving out so many handouts, and so we tried
to find something that was just about all-inclusive. It even  has the laid
back bf position in it.

Laurie  Wheeler RN MN IBCLC
MISSISSIPPI USA