From:
Carol Brussel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 00:20:39 EDT
<< Here's hoping it comes out well. >>

i hope it turns out well, too, especially after scrutinizing the recent thing
(i hate to dignify it with words like "study" "statement" etc.) about Vit. D
and rickets at journal club the other day. the problem is, you'd have to be
pretty obtuse to not notice that the statement pretty much comes right out
and says "black women make inferior milk."

also, the business about warding off danger by making disparaging remarks is
not limited to black society - elisheva can probably tell us more about the
word "kennehura" (sp? my husband is not sure of the spelling 'and he calls
himself a jew') which conveys a similar concept (anyone got salt to throw
over a shoulder?).

carol brussel IBCLC, whose response to stuff like the above is "you just
telling me that because you think i'm white?"