Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 1998 11:27:52 -0500
>I'll check on dosage of Diflucan, but need to find a reference if I am to
>presuade the OB to prescribe it for longer term treatment.
>Thanks for the help.  I've just never met someone who has had thrush for
years
<like this.

I've had 2 OBs who accepted Dr. Tom Hale's Diflucan information as
"reference" and went on to prescribe as he recommends.  This was after
rejecting my assertions. One had been quite adamant and argumentative until
I showed what he has in his 1998 edition. (Thanks Tom!)

I have been working with a number of women THIS SUMMER who have had
problems with yeast for 20+ years off and on, and whose yeast is quite
resistant.  I'm using Gentian Violet along with Diflucan with these cases.
This, of course, along with the other complementary treatments.

If someone has been suffering with something for 20 years 2 weeks will
likely not take care of it. And, as someone else posted, many times people
try one treatment at a time and find that "it" doesn't work.  When we get
all of the forces out there, we have success.

Patricia Gima, IBCLC
Milwaukee
mailto:[log in to unmask]