Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:01:20 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Alas, I am sorry to say that in my area the Ezzo Babywise is alive and well.  Just last night at a gathering, a young mother of a 3 month old mentioned she is trying to work from home about 20 hours a week, but having trouble fitting in the hours around the baby's needs.  A gentleman chimed in to ask if she had heard of Babywise--that she should make the baby fit HER schedule, not the other way around.  This man was trained as a pediatrician, though not practicing now.  I guess I made a face so he asked my opinion, knowing I'm an LC.  I mentioned that we don't recommend that program for the effect on feeding.  The new mom did not seem to go for his advice.  Later I did email him info re: the adverse effect on bf and the AAP concerns.  I expect he and I will be talking again. He kept saying how it worked for his wife, but I know she had milk supply problems in the past, so now I know why.  *sigh*  Great to know there are other things I can direct his new mom to--thanks for the gentle Christian parenting link.  Our inpatients at my hospital still bring this up, too, occasionally.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2