From:
Tracy Throckmorton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 12:10:56 -0700
My impression of this situation is that the family's time (and the LC's)
would be much better spent if they spent an hour with a family therapist to
work on conflict resolution and communication skills.  I refer quite a lot
to a therapist here whose specialty is adjustment to parenting and other
parenting/partnering issues.  She is quite supportive and leads the couple
in the direction of their own strengths.  I agree with a previous poster who
noted that this is unlikely to  be only about breastfeeding.  I would add to
that that this is very unlikely to be their last area of disagreement in the
next  few years parenting together.  The skills gained may make a huge
difference for this family.

Tracy Haines Throckmorton rn ibclc
(please note new e-mail address)