From:
Melinda Hoskins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 20:07:04 -0800
Rachel Myr <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  If anyone
from UND cares to respond about how to convince other schools about the
usefulness of Lactnet, we are interested.
Rachel Myr
Kristiansand, Norway

  Example has worked.  I was able to encourage my colleagues that participation in this sort of list was a good way for our BSN students at Orvis School of Nursing, University of Nevada--Reno to realized the global nature of professional concerns. So this spring semester one of their assignments is to find a list (we gave them about 25 options and info on how to find others), join, and participate in the community.

  I wish every student had been encouraged to read Lactnet, but posts from all 48 of my students this semester would really increase the volume of the list!  There will be some posting soon I believe--we suggested that they lurk for a period of 2-3 weeks to get the flavor of the list and then find a topic that interested them to research and post.

  Melinda Hoskins, MS, RN, CNM, IBCLC
  Assistant Professor, Orvis School of Nursing
  University of Nevada--Reno