From:
Michael Reeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 06:51:08 -0500
I am wondering about the circs for boys also.  I don't see any reason that
they should have to be performed in the hospital on day 1 except for
convenience sake.  My daughter took her son to the doctor on day 10 to have
the procedure done at the office.  She wanted to be there (I was there too,
believe me they were very careful with this baby, and he didn't make a
peep!! )  and she wanted to be able to hold and nurse him afterwards (which
she was also able to do).  We are not Jewish and there was no particular
reason to do this except her desire to be with her son.  The breastfeeding
was going really well by then.  Is this perhaps a good solution to the
problem with this procedure interfering with bf?
Thanks for listening,
Merilee