From:
Susan Kay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 18:48:30 +1000
Hi,
Just a quick note to thank all those who responded to my request for oils
for labour.
My sister had a healthy baby boy today after 3 1/2 hours of labour, which
was induced for rising blood pressure.
I chose to blend- Rose, Clary Sage and Geranium oils for her labour, and
burnt lavender in the vaporiser. She had a hard and fast labour, a lot of
which was spent in the shower or having massages.
 We had done lots of education and I am so proud of her. She pushed the head
up very effectively (I know, I'm a midwife).
Intact perineum, minimal blood loss, quick shower, back to her room to
breast feed. Within the first 3 hours, he had 2 lovely long breast feeds,
and when I left, the new family were all resting together.
At no time has mum and baby been separated, except when she showered, then
he was in Dad's arms, or when she goes to the toilet, again, Dad cuddles.

After reading of many practises in USA and other countries, I'm so pleased
she had him here! By the way, I delivered him and Dad cut the cord! All in a
public hospital (where I am happy to be working)
It was so good seeing her listen to her body!

Sorry about the rave, but I'm so proud of her!!!
Welcome William!!
Ciao
Susan in Australia