From:
Magda Sachs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:40:06 +0100
>Looks good Magda but oooooh I so wish that breastfeeding was normalised in
the language<

Yes, Karleen, I agree.  However, you cannot believe how tricky it was to be
involved -- to do a review of breastfeeding in a tight word limit in a
publication with strong ideas of content of the review, and with three
co-authors who are doctors, with the really good external reviewers....all
with their own views!

Do, however, feel free to send in a rapid response to that effect (dont'
forget to sign yourself 'doctor' either!)

I was brought up against the reality of doctor world when I went to the
annual general meeting of paediatricians here in the UK this week.  In the
exhibition were milk company stands, where you could get a cuddly cow toy
(Cow & Gate) or a cuddly polar bear (Milupa).  'Scientific and factual' is
how the WHO code describes the information that companies are supposed to be
given to professionals.  My husband is now threatening violence if I hold up
the cuddly bear and intone 'scientific and factual' one more time!  [I
didn't even let myself go near the Nestle stand.]

Magda Sachs, PhD
Breastfeeding Supporter, The Breastfeeding Network