From:
deb shinskie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 1996 07:00:38 -0500
Susanna:

I too noted the same phenomena with both of my homebirths - wt loss of only
2 oz in baby #3 & wt gain only in baby #4!  I read somewhere that with
homebirths (& I think it included birth centers) that ave. wt loss was only
in the neighborhood of 3%.  Has anyone else read this?  It would make common
sense with the lack of imposed maternal-infant separation.  I don't recall
what (or if) it said anything about milk change from colostrum to
transitional.  I can recall from personal experience that it was faster for
babies 3 & 4 than 1 & 2 - it happened about 24 hrs. sooner.  If anyone out
there has references related to this I would love to receive them.  If you
would rather email privately, mine is <[log in to unmask]>  Thanks!

Debbie Shinskie