From:
The Shillings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 20:58:00 -0600
I'm working with a friend whose 14 month old is below the bottom
percentiles for height/weight.  Baby's bone age was recently assessed and
is only 3 months.  They are going to the hospital next week to consult with
Geneticist and endocrinologist to assess if baby has Russell-Silver
Syndrome.  I have zero experience with this and was wondering if other LCs
have?  From my web search if seems like common treatments include
antihistamines to stimulate appetite, feeding pumps, recombinant growth
hormone, gastrostomy.  Eeeks!  Will she be encouraged to continue
breastfeeding or should we plan on countering when they advise her to wean?
Thanks for any and all guidance on this one.
Teri Shilling, MS, CD, LCCE, IBCLC
in the Colorado mountains in the western USA
mailto: [log in to unmask]