From:
Lisa Updike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 1996 22:16:34 -0400
Had this problem last school year when the oldest came home with them - YUK!
 I panicked and called the doctor - didn't get my own - and he prescribed
Lindane.  I used it on my 7 year old and myself without thinking about the
side effects.  It was only in getting ready to use it on the 2 year old that
I thought to read the packing info.  Scarey - pesticide may be dangerous if
left on skin too long and the like.  Anyway finally got my own doc on the
phone and she told me to throw the stuff away and use one of the over the
counter  products like Nix.  Much easier and safe for all of us (at least as
safe as it gets).  I am still nursing the 2 1/2 year old, hope there weren't
any adverse effects since I didn't even think about it at the time.  Could
this mom try another product too?  I have also heard of an herbal cure for
lice - I think it is Anjelica, but not sure.
Lisa