Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 14:50:51 EST
Hi Lactnuts!
I believe that the question that we are dealing here with this mom for
whom I posted about is that she is not able to *pump* enough to meet her
baby's demand and she is seriously considering formula. I have had many
private responses as well as those on the list, but none have addressed
this issue. Neither the mother, nor my co-leader (whose question was the
one I cut and pasted originally) are worried that they are somehow
"abnormal". They are both aware that this is normal, maybe even common.
The issue at hand is that, normal or not, she is not able to pump enough
from the smaller breast to meet her baby's needs while she is away.

So, would regular "increasing milk supply" advice apply here? Or, in
others experience (both clinical and personal) is there just not much you
can do to up the supply in the lower-producing breast?

Thanks!
Nicki Clark