From:
Doraine Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 07:56:42 PDT
Dear Lactnuts

Re: Reading Rainbow.

LaVar Burton (the Host) was breastfed (!!)

PBS Website is <www.pbs.org>.  They have separate pages for children's
programming -- probably one for reading rainbow -- go there to send your
little friendly competition in the PBS Children's programming realm?).

BTW, since the program is designed to encourage reading, you may want to
point out the role of bf in brain and visual development.

Also, I have seen various listings of children's books that have
positive and negative portrayals of infant feeding. I think there was a
review in JHL in the last 2 years.  Might be another good thing to quote
from, as well as to give them additional suggestions.

Off to write my note...

--Doraine Bailey
Breastfeeding Busybody
Lexington, KY

Who warmly welcomes all of the new IBCLCs and strongly encourages them
to join their local, regional, national and international professional
organizations!